There has been some questions raised as to why the name Crenshaw Trials was picked for the name of this blog. The question was spawned from both my mom and my father in law relating it to the school I work in. Nope. The name has stuck through the years due to a core of people who even if they don't know it, have shifted and shaped me into the character you see at the end of the credits.
The name Crenshaw,came from a comment that was made back in the year of our world, 1994. There were several of us who use to,"eat as a team." People would ask us which dorm we lived in and our response was ..the ghetto. The dorms at TTU were nothing to brag about. Crenshaw was fitting to us southerners, because it just went with the west side of campus. It also painted a picture of run down buildings and poverty. Sorry to anyone who resides in the Crenshaw community. Not that I have ever visited the area of Crenshaw..but the news and movies portrayed it that way. And that was good enough for us.
So Crenshaw was born. It is now the name of my production company when I DJ, a personal greeting texted sporadically between us, and occasionally creeps its way into song lyrics brewed up in Roswell studios.
A formal thank you goes out to all the founding fathers of the core group of friends met in college.And a special thanks to all those of you who became honorary members later on in my/our lives. Crenshaw will never die because it is has taken flight way beyond the idea of where I used to live or who I use to spend quality time with every day. The word Crenshaw has sprouted into a meaning of life. A ghost of the spirit of the good old days, a eulogy to those who have passed, and a storm of future exhaltations and celebrations. Crenshaw........ yeah.
I'm DJ GT and I'm out....1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment